Course Code: 001
Advances in VLSI have today enabled most systems to become compact, highly reliable and deliver data at high speed. Further the advances facilitate the designer to tailor the IC for specific applications (Application Specific Integrated Circuits). Requirement of improved solutions for miniaturization, high speed, reliability, and high performance computers, necessitates skilled engineers. Thus there is an urgent need to produce quality engineers who can conceive, design and develop VLSI and Embedded systems.
Very Large Scale Integration (VLSI) is the process of creating integrated circuits by combining thousands of transistors into a single chip. VLSI began in the 1970s when complex semiconductors and communication technologies were being developed. This field involves packing more and more logic devices into smaller and smaller areas. The circuits that would have taken board full of space can now be fitted into a small space of few millimeters.
VLSI Design presents state-of-the-art papers in VLSI design, computer-aided design, design analysis, design implementation, simulation and testing. Factors such as increasing capability of an integrated circuit (IC) over the years in terms of computation power, utilization of available area and yield have opened up new frontiers for the VLSI industry to grow. Since VLSI is a niche industry, skill sets in this industry are short in supply and therefore in great demand. Hence there is tremendous scope and growth for those who choose VLSI design and embedded systems as a career.
1) itie Knowledge Solutions, Bangalore.
2) Intelligent Context Aware Recommender System in Ubiquitous Market Environment.
3) Synopsys University Program/Seer Akademi.
4) Cranes Software International Limited, Bangalore
Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belguam.
1) There is a huge demand in the industry for VLSI designers to develop field-programmable gate array (FPGA) implementations, application-specific integrated circuit (ASIC) designs and SoCs. The VLSI industry has an added attraction of being a strong domain for patents filing, invention disclosures and applied research
2) Product and application domains of VLSI include mobile and consumer electronics, computing, telecommunications and networking, data processing, automotive, healthcare and industrial applications.
3) Career opportunities in public & private sectors like Synopsis, Cadence, BEL etc., product companies, design services companies and Electronic Design Automation (EDA) companies.
- CMOS VLSI Design
- SoC Design
- Advanced Embedded Systems
- VLSI Design Verification
- Design of analog and Mixed mode VLSI Circuits
- Real Time Operating Systems
- Advanced Microcontrollers
- CMOS RF Circuit Design
- Digital system Design Using verilog
- Nano Electronics
- ASIC Design
- Design of VLSI System
- VLSI Design Automation
- Modern DSP
- Synthesis & Optimization of Digital Circuits
- Image and Video Processing
- Automotive Electronics
- RF & Microwave Circuit Design
- Advances in VLSI Design
- RF MEMS
- Department Seminar Hall
- Department Library
- R & D Lab
- VLSI Lab
- Advanced Embedded Systems Lab
- Design of Analog and Mixed mode VLSI Circuits Lab
- Real Time Operating Systems Lab
Admission to M.Tech. Course shall be open to the candidates who have passed the prescribed qualifying examinations with not less than 50% of the marks in the aggregate of all the years of the degree examinations. However, in the case of candidates belonging to SC/ST and Group I, the aggregate percentage of marks in the qualifying examinations shall not be less than 45%.
B. E. / B. Tech. in Electronics and Communication Engineering / Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering/ Instrumentation Technology/ Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering/ Telecommunication Engineering/ Electrical and Electronic Engineering / Biomedical Engineering/ Medical Electronics or equivalent degree.
The candidate should have appeared and qualified in GATE or PGCET entrance examinations.
Dr. Sunil Kumar S. Manvi
Phone: +91-80-65687563/64/65- Ext no: 176