NEWS & EVENTS
- Eco Club was inaugurated on 2nd Jan 2012 by Sri A S Sadashivaiah, chairman, Karnataka State Pollution Control. The main objective is to support the protection of environment pollution.
- Women's Forum: It’s a platform for awareness regarding issues of gender discrimination and to spread awareness regarding the same which is used to address serious issues. On 5th Jan 2012, we had a talk from Mr.Jangardhan Kesargadde, NGO “Samvadha” on self and society and also we had a talk on legal rights of women by Ms.Anu Changappa an advocate.
- A one day literary activity on the popular Kannada poet Mr. Da Ra Bendre was organized by the Department of Kannada. Various resource persons in the Kannada literary field provided deep insight into Kannada literature conducted on 9th January 2012.
- DR.V.VEERARAGHAVAN Professor of Bio chemistry was invited as a chief guest for National Conference collaboration with U.G.C with title ‘RECENT TRENDS IN PHYTOTHERAPY by ISLAMIAH COLLEGE , VANIYAMBODY,TAMILNADU held on 15th February 2012.
- National Conference on Integrating Sustainability into Global Business Practices by Mr. Michael Becker, Head -SIEMENS Software Technologies Ltd, Mr.Pranob Dasgupta, Regional Director, TERI Bangalore and Mr. Ramakrishna, Technical Director BESCOM, Karnataka was conducted on 17th – 18th February 2012.
- Won first position in Student Poster Presentation at National Conference on HAEB-2012 held at MSRIT entitled “ Analysis of VEGF gene responsible of Diabetic Retinopathy BY computational Approaches” conducted on 11th – 13th April 2012.
- On the occasion of National Year of Mathematics a talk titled “Srinivasan Ramanujam A best Friend of Number Theory” was given by Prof. Achala L Nargund, HOD and Co-ordinator, PG Dept of Mathematics and RCAM , MES College of Arts, Commerce and Science conducted on 24th August.
- DR.V.VEERARAGHAVAN has been assigned by Bangalore University as BOS for B.Sc. Bio chemistry UG 2012-2015.
- A one day seminar on “world-class Hardware & Networking Education” was conducted by “I think- unit of Ideaon ,USA”. The key note speaker was Jullian N Bharat of National Head-Business Development, who addressed our students.
- The following Completed SPiCE projects were submitted to the Vision Group on Science & Technology ,Department of Information technology, Biotechnology and Science& Technology ,Govt of Karnataka along with Audited Expenditure statement.
- 1.Biomonitoring of lake waters by Daphnia Accute toxicity test carried out by Sangram Singh Pant & Sharadeepthi .P of M.Sc under the guidance of Prof.Vidyavathy & Mrs.R.Sridevi.
2. Study of Biodegradation of coir waste using Phanerochete Chrysosporium & Rhizopus Stolonifer to obtain glucose for Production of Biofuel carried out by Sunil Sapkota & Milan Sreshta of B.Sc under the guidance of Mr.Pavan.
- HR conclave conducted - the panel experts are DR. SRIDHAR MITTA MD & Founder of NextWealth Entrepreneurs Private Limited; MR. SHRINIVAS RAO CEO Asia Pacific for Vestian Global Workplace Services; MR. ASWANI KUMAR KOTA Managing Director of XL Pro Training Solutions Pvt. Ltd; Mr. MANJUNATH A.N Category Manager, Jubilant Retail, TOTAL; DR. N.S. VISWANATH Director, Bhavan-Marshall Institute of Management; DR.K. S. NAIK visiting professor in management studies in various business schools; DR. SANKARNARAYANA Director of Dayananda Sagar Business Academy Bangalore; DR. V RAJESH KUMAR conducted on 8th December 2012.
- 28th December talk on “Computational Biology” by Dr.K Prakash, IISC Bangalore.
- A guest lecture by Dr.K.Aruna lakshmi,Director of academic affairs,professor of Biotechnology,Gitam Institue of technology On research publications.
One Day National Seminar on “Emerging Strategic Perspectives in Global Business”
A one day seminar on “Emerging Strategic Perspectives in Global Business” was organized by REVA INSTITUTE OF SCIENCE & MANAGEMENT on 31st March 2011. The program was organized by the Department of Commerce and Management with an objective to create awareness about various Emerging aspects in the Global arena.
After a short tea break, the first session was taken over by Sri Murali K on the topic “Contemporary issues in Financial Optimization”. The last session after the paper presentation were taken over by Sri Suresh R on the topic “Enabling Execution Excellence through Knowledge Talent Management”.
Faculty members of both (UG & PG) were invited to attend the seminar and to benefit from the same. The Formal function was graced by Sri P Shymaraju, chairman, Reva Group of Institutions who proposed the presidential address.
Dr K Erasi chairman for Global language, Bangalore University proposed the inaugural address briefed the gathering from academician point of view. Sri K S Narahari, communication director, Texas Instruments, gave the key note address he created awareness among the faculty members from corporate point of view. The programme was also graced by Dr. N Ramesh , principal RISM, Dr R P Reddy, principal RITM, Dr Rajashekar, principal RIE, Mrs Beena G, principal, RIPU and Dr S Ramesh Dean, Commerce & Management Research, Mount Carmel College.
- Commerce department had organized an programme to Vi semester B.Com &BBM students on 17th February 2011 at 12.00 PM. This was conducted by Dr. Mohan H R Department of Indian Retail School. It was a one hour session inclusive of aptitude test the presentation was about “Employment and career in retail” . The school educated the students on various options after graduation for their job profile.
- To improve communication skills, department of English had organized a programme to IV semester B.Com and BBM students on 18th February 2011 at 12.15 PM Dr. Umashankar Director Indian Institute of English and Foreign Language addressed the students and gave a presentation on the topic “Common errors in the usage of English”.
- RISM conducted sports day on 4th and 5th of February on 4th February Dr R P Reddy (principal of RITM) declared the sports meet open. The events conducted on 4th February were 100 meters, 200 meters, 400 meters 800 meters race for boys and girls, Long jump for boys, Discuss Throw for boys, Shot Put throw for girls, Throw ball, Volley ball, Foot ball team games for the qualifying team were conducted on 4th February.
On 5th February 2011, our chairman Shri P Shyamaraju graced the function with his presence, and congratulated all the winners of field and track events and honored individual champions.
Reva Group of Institutions celebrated 26th January Republic Day . Our chairman Shri P. Shymaraju presided over the function,Dr. Ali Kwaja director of Bajara Academy was the chief guest. Dr N Ramesh principal RISM welcomed the invites. After the flag hoisting by the dignitaries, chief guest Dr Ali Kwaja addressed the gathering on the significance of the occasion and reminded every one of nation’s strength. Chairman P Shyamaraju also spoke about the necessity of integrity for progress. The patriotic songs sung by the students lent colour to the occasion. The programme came to an end with national anthem and distribution of sweets.
Department of Computer Science organized a seminar on future trends and career awareness program on 8th February 2011 in the field of Animation and 3D Graphics which was conducted by the expert faculty members of animation industry.
A motivational talk to Commerce and Management for UG students was organised on February 9th 2011 in the seminar hall, Ganganagar campus.
The speaker is a renowned counselor Dr. Ali Khwaja (Director, Banjara Academy). He spoke to all the final year B.Com and BBM students on “How to be a winner”. The session was very lively, inspiring, motivating and interactive. The feedback from the students turned to be excellent.
Two day Personality Development Programme was conducted for final year students by Prof Keshav Murthy.
- Students Participated actively in a rally conducted against the Terrorism.
- Participated in a week long H1N1 awareness campaign organized by BBMP.
- A workshop on Aptitude Skills was conducted by Ms. Gayathri and Mr. Raghu.
- A talk on leadership skills by Mr. Amith – Sankalp Academy.
- Seminars were conducted by Mr. Sandeep and team from Indiamoney.com and Mr. Kamal P S and Mr. Rajiv from Jet King.
- A talk on Evolution of Banking Industry by Mr. Sridhar.
- A briefing on career options abroad by Canam Consultants.
- A talk on career options in Banking and Aviation by Guru Shishya Academy.
- A training was offered by HDFC team.
- Our participation in intercollegiate fest held at the following colleges :
St. Claret College
KCD College Dharwad(National Level Fest)
Trekking Event to Coorg.
Industrial visit to Milk Dairy Kolar, Sugar Industry Hassan, Coca Cola Bidadi.
Awareness on Lead poisoning in Majera hosahalli & Veerapura on 03-04-2010
Students of REVA institute of science and management carried out short term research project titled “Evaluation of Lead concentration in Milk, Water, Grass and Feeds & Fodders in Doddaballapura” in association with Quality Council of India (QCI) and National Referral Centre for Lead Poisoning in India (NRCLPI) in the year 2009-10.
Twenty samples which includes Milk,Water,Feeds & fodders and Grass were collected from different places of Doddaballapura using acid treated Lead free polyethylene bottles, covers and were evaluated for the concentration of Lead using AOAC and IS method of extraction and assayed by Flame atomic absorption spectrophotometer (FAAS). The analysis of the samples revealed that the two water samples collected from Baashettihalli and Veerapura of doddaballapura taluk showed 400 ppb & 300 ppb concentration of Lead respectively.
During our preliminary examination (first phase project in the year 2008) of the milk collected from Doddaballapura region, the test revealed that the Lead concentration in raw milk sample was 30.38 ppb which is higher when compared to the WHO standard permissible limits (table no.2).After the awareness programme, the concentration of Lead in the milk were below detection limits and showed Lead concentration in water, which should be monitored.
After second phase project students of our institution with the guidance of project coordinator Mr.Charanraj T.P and professor in Kannada Mr.Lingappa organized awareness programme in association with Quality Council of India (QCI) and National Referral Centre for Lead Poisoning in India (NRCLPI) in majara hosahalli and veerapura during “janaspandana” program organized by Govt. of Karnataka.
On the day of awareness program Mr.Charanraj T.P (Lecturer in Chemistry and Project coordinator) and Mr.Lingappa (Prof. in Kannada) addressed the officials on the dais and nearly 150 villagers about the introduction, uses, disorders , symptoms and safety measures of Lead particularly in children and future generation. Nearly 30 students of the institution participated in rally in and around the villages holding pluck cards and awaring slogans .students distributed pomp lets at each doorstep in the villages.
The students involved in the second term project are Chandra Prabha.N, Deepa.V.Pillai, Harish Kumar, Lakshminarasimha G.K studying MSc in Biochemistry at our institute. Chandra Prabha.N 2, Deepa.V.Pillai 2, Harish Kumar 2, Lakshminarasimha G.K
Project coordinator Mr. Charanraj T.P, Lecturer in chemistry